What's Going On?
What I'm going to do here is go to 365 bars in 365 days, drink, eat, meet people, take photos and then everyday I'll put up a post about my latest adventure. It's going to be a virtual bar crawl around and beyond New York City and you're more than welcome to come along. To quote Bluto Blutarsky, "It don't cost nothin."
Many people have told me that I'll never be able to do this, but in 2002 I wrote a book called 99 Beers Off The Wall (see the About Me section) where I went to 99 bars and drank 99 beers in the course of my seven day vacation from my night job. For that book I was averaging between 12 to 14 bars a day, so this is going to be a walk in a park for me. Well, technically a walk to a bar, but who's counting? Oh, wait, I am, counting to 365 to be exact. Never mind.
1. I must spend at least one hour in a bar every every day for 365 days in a row.
2. If, for whatever reason I miss a day, then I start all over.
3. I have to have at least three drinks in the bar.
4. I will put up a posting of the bar the day after, usually in the afternoon or early evening.
5. I won't repeat any bars except on the 365th day, when I may or may not return to my favorite bar of the adventure.
Okay, that's it, I hope you join me in this adventure, who knows what will happen? Bookmark the site and check back daily for updates. Tell your friends, family, pets and imaginary beings that you share spirits with. Cheers!